Zero turn mowers have now become a mainstay in almost all homes which have lawns. This is because they are much faster, efficient, and easy to use than traditional ones. With a zero turn mower, the process of mowing lawns has now become an easy affair requiring much lesser effort and time. However, when looking to buy one, it can become quite confusing as all of them seem to offer more or less the same set of features. However, of all the zero turn mowers on offer, only a few stand out. One such mower is the Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA.
| Powerful engine|
Big fuel tank
Front and rear hitch
The Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA stands out as it comes packed with outstanding features. These include a large 54-inch cutting deck, a Briggs and Stratton motor offering 24 HP and a tried and tested design. Swisher has been designing mowers for more than 60 years, and this speaks volumes as the mower boasts a highly functional design, excellent safety features, and unparalleled reliability.
Listed below is a step by step review of this zero-turn mower to make things easier and simple!
The Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA is a very well designed zero turn lawn mower, and the highlights of its design are as follows:
- Structured with a commercial-grade welded steel frame and Oruga clutch.
- Sturdy 11-gauge built with a cutting-deck and 3-Gator protective covering blades.
- Electric start with electric PTO clutch.
- High-back seat for comfortable seating with armrests.
- Adjustable mower deck to a height range of 1.5 to 4.5 inches with a foot-supported deck lift.
- Improved air flow and grass emission with the help of the front debris shield while preventing grass from escaping under the front of the mower deck.
- Tow points on both the front and back of the mower with a hydraulic system override located next to the operator’s right leg for pushing or pulling.
- Heavy-duty barriers with storage along with two 4-gallon gas tanks to decrease the number of refuels.
- Equipped with professional grade engines to help the mower last for hours at a stretch.
- A key switch, choke and throttle on the right side, along with an integrated hour timer, ignition and blade control on the left side of the operator.
- Three-year residential warranty.
- Rear tires 20″x10″-8″ and front casters 12″x6″.
All in all, the design of this swisher zero-turn mower makes turning less twitchy and easy to use. The body of this z-turn mower is also well-crafted. For example, the fenders that feature incorporated storage compartments, or the reinforced cutting deck makes lawn mowing easy, fun, and effortless.
What’s an excellent z-turn mower without comfort? Check out the following points to know about the comfort level of this zero-turn mower:
- Instead of using lap bars, this swisher zero-turn mower uses two joysticks for easy control and steering of the mower. The position of these joysticks is perfect as it allows one’s elbows to remain on the armrests while operating them. Though it can take some time to get used to using joysticks after using lap bars, they offer better-quality control and restrain operator movement. When seated the whole day, this can help a great deal as it requires minimal effort to precisely control this lawn-mower.
- The seat is large, comfortable, and gives excellent support. All the controls are on either side of the joysticks, which allow for smooth functioning, and which are all within easy reach of the operator.
- The Swisher’s Response comes with a consolidated Roll Over Protection Structure (ROPS) which includes a roll bar and seat belt. Used in compliance with each other, these are designed to help ensure the safety of the operator.
- The pedal-assisted deck height adjustment located between the operator’s feet makes for easy changes without having to turn off the lawn mower.
Rest assured, this zero-turn mower is all about comfort. It relieves the operator of heavy-duty work and allows for comfortable and tension-free lawn mowing.
With the design and comfort of this zero-turn mower in mind, the thought comes to mind as to whether its performance is top notch. Read on to know about its performance:
- The power of any lawn mower ultimately rests on the engine. With 24 HP, this zero-turn mower’s engine runs quieter compared to others and is also both long-lasting and reliable.
- Because it is a zero-turn tractor, it is easy to navigate around obstacles such as fountains, flower beds, and rocks.
- With a cutting deck of 54 inches, this z-turn lawn mower provides a wide mowing area.
- Driving speed of 8 MPH in both forward and reverse direction.
- Its Hydro-Gear 2800 transmission gives the operator high speed while moving
- Its 3 Gator mulching blades give the grass a proper cut, allowing them to return as fertilizers. Thus, after mowing the lawn, there is no need to collect the grass.
- The Swisher ZTR24CL offers enough power to go up hills. However, the degree of the hill is limited to 15 degrees.
- The frame, deck, wheels, and spindles are all designed with commercial use in mind. The superior control of these parts extensively reduces trimming time.
Taking control of a lawn mower has never been more secure than this z-turn mower!
What’s a great, comfortable zero-turn mower without its complimenting accessories? After all, it is essential to get a hold of them to ensure smooth functioning and durability of the z-turn mower as well as its protection.
Listed below are a few of the accessories that one can bring along with this z-turn mower!
Pro-Lift lawn mower jack lift
At 300 Lbs., this Pro-Lift T-5300 lawn mower lift can lift 22 inches from ground to wheel saddle. This lift gives maximum space to perform essential mower maintenance. Constructed of welded solid steel, it has dual locking safety latches. It also has a hydraulic foot pedal operation, allowing the option to lift the mower effortlessly. It is easily operational and adjustable.
Classic Zero-Turn Riding Mower Cover
This Classic Mower cover from Swisher protects one’s lawn mower during all kinds of seasons. It is durable and uses a durable Weather-proof fabric which is water-resistant and gives protection from the weather and all the harsh elements. The cover also comes with air vents which are reinforced and help circulate air uniformly. This prevents it from bulging out during the windy season. The cover also has an elastic cord which allows one to tighten the cover, thus providing a snug fit.
These replacement bearings enable in the smooth operation and performance of the blades. The bearings as such ensure that the blades cut properly at all times. These bearings can be fitted to wide variety of mowers from the Swisher company.
CarsCover lawn mower cover
This tractor cover by CarsCover protects one’s mower from damaging pollution, UV rays, and dust. It comes with heavy-duty coating for superb water resistance and repellence. The cover also comes with seams which feature double stitching for maximum strength. It further comes with elastic cords all-around to provide a fast and snug fit.
54-inch Response ZTR service kit
This service kit is an essential replacement for one’s z-turn mower. This kit consists as such contains all the blade and belt kits. The Response kit as such comes with three belts and a blade kit.
Response ZTR hitch kit
This hitch kit is the best solution for an operator’s towing needs. It converts one’s z-turn lawn mower into a hauling machine. Its exceptional design adds a ball hitch to the z-turn without making any changes and can handle even the toughest of loads.
Pros and Cons
The various features of the Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA have been highlighted above. Let us now look at the pros and cons of this z-turn lawn mower from Swisher.
- A fast control system
- Manageable and easy to work with
- Striking frame
- Heat-resistant material
- Durable engine Made of heavy-duty steel proven to last longer
- Deck for two operators
- Easy for sharpening of blades
- Reasonable price for commercial mower
- Top speed of 8MPH
- Accurate joystick controls for smooth operation
- Includes ROPS
- Makes more noise than most commercial mowers
- Heavy-weight, which calls for more fuel consumption
- No headlight
If you are looking for a reasonably priced z-turn mower which offers great value, then the Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA is the best choice in its class. The mower provides class-leading power and performance. To top it off, it is also extremely comfortable, thus operating it for long hours is a breeze. Its safety features include a seatbelt and Rollover protection which is also best in its class.
As such seen from the above review the Swisher ZTR2454CL-CA ticks all the right boxes which make it a great zero turn lawn mower. So whether you are on the lookout for a capable z-turn mower for private or commercial use, the Swisher ZTR245CL-CA is a good buy and a great investment.